18 June 2014

Rosella in Mariehamn, 9 June 2014

Rosella

IMO 7901265
Built 1980, Wärtsilä Turku, Finland
Tonnage 16 879 GT
Length 136,11 m
Width 24,24 m
Draught 5,60 m
Ice class 1A
1 530 passengers
1 200 berths
340 cars
720 lane metres
4 Wärtsilä-Pielstick diesels, combined 17 652 kW
2 propellers
2 bow thrusters
Speed 20,2 knots

Some more photos from my recent trip to the Åland Islands, this time featuring the old faithful Rosella. I'm not exaggerating when I say these are some of my best photos of all time.

For a brief history of the Rosella, see the first entry on her. The photographs below show the ship departing Mariehamn West Harbour in the early morning of 9 June 2014 on her first crossing of the day to Kapellskär. Click on the images to see them in larger size.

(Relatively) calm morning waters.
Unusually, I had woken up at around six AM. It was definately worth it.
The Wasa Express -esque smoke really improves the photo.
The ship was bow first at quay, so she had to turn around in the harbour bay before proceeding out to sea.
You can just about still make out the outline of the original SF Line bow symbol behind the Viking Line diamond on the bow.
Viking Line, if you want to buy my photos, my prices are reasonable.
Potential magazine cover. Not sure in what circumstances the Rosella would be important enough to be deemed the cover girl though...
Maybe I should just retire from photographing, it's not like I'll be likely to take anything better than this.
Nothing to add.
Close-ups are important too.
The light changes as the ship sails further.

No comments:

Post a Comment